So you look older than you really are, all thanks to those dark rings under your eyes. Don't sweat. We have handy 'homemade' tips to rid you of those dark circles.
Causes of under eye dark circles
1. Lack of sleep.
2. Inherited condition having a family with the kind of skin that makes dark circles more likely.
3. Fluid retention which causes puffiness that may cast shadows.
4. Aging which thins and relaxes the skin around the eyes.
Dark Circles - Treatments and Remedies
1. Dark Circles can be removed by applying peeled and grated potato overnight at least three times a week.
2. Make cotton pads and dip them in cucumber juice. Place on your eyes for 15 minutes. The effect is cooling and relaxes your eyes.
3. Massaging eyes with almond oil is of great help. Massage at bed time daily, and in two weeks you will see the difference.
4. Dark circles can be removed by doing pranayam daily for at least five minutes.
5. Pressing the mount below index finger of the palm is good for eyesight and removing dark circles.
6. Dip cotton balls in rose water and keep for 5-10 minutes.
Drink as much water as you can drink.
7. Dip cotton balls in chilled water and keep for 5-10 minutes on the eyes.
8. Take a diet rich in fruits and vegetables and avoid reading late at night, lying down
9. Every morning, after washing your face, gently apply mixture of equal parts of tomato and lime juice; wash after half an hour.
10. Alternate hot and cold compresses under your eyes for 10 minutes. Then apply a teaspoon of almond oil mixed with half teaspoon of lime juice on the dark surface every night before going to bed.
11. For cooling effect to eyes paste of the herb nutmeg (Jaiphala) made with milk may be applied all around the eyes and over the eyelids.
Tips on dark circles around or under the eyes
1. Get enough sleep. Try to go to bed a little earlier than normal.
2. Use sunscreen every day and moisturize in the night preferrably using a good under eye cream.
3. Cucumber slices have a soothing effect on the eyes.
4. Apply cold compresses.
5. Drink plenty of water to hydrate the skin.
6. Eat fresh fruits and vegetables. Iron deficiency can be a cause for dark circles around the eyes.